Our mission is to create space(s) to showcase the complex and beautiful nuances of avant-garde art, that may not otherwise exist in more traditional, dedicated places. Continuing in the footsteps of Fluxus avant-gardists, we want to highlight contemporary, experimental art spanning a range of media from video and sound to poetry and performance and everything in between.
We do not exist within the confines of a single brick and mortar building; rather, we occupy existing spaces (be it a park, residence or gallery) to create an ephemeral, collective experience fostering creativity, connectivity & conversation.
Inspired by the rich history and creative energy of Asbury Park – on the uniquely awesome Jersey Shore – we are always looking for strong peripheral voices from near and far. And if you have a space you’d like to share with us, we’d love that too.
So please reach out! Nothing makes us happier than building a community by connecting and collabing with fellow humans. Email and IG contact info below.
Call for Artists
Our artist call is currently closed, but please feel free to reach out to us anyway! We are always looking for new people, projects and spaces to collaborate.
- Detours, Geis Gallery, Mar. 23, 2023 to Apr. 27, 2023 with live musical performance by Jackson Pines.
- Flipping Reality, Geis Gallery, Oct. 19, 2022 to Feb. 15, 2023 with live musical performance by Rory D’Lasnow.
- Music of Twin Peaks at the Georgian Court Mansion, May 20th, 2022.
- Colours, Geis Gallery, Mar. 16, 2022 to Apr. 19, 2022 with live musical performance by Blaise, accompanied by David Ross Lawn.
- Experiments, Geis Gallery, Jan. 26, 2022 to Feb. 23, 2022.
- Revisiting the Avant-Garde, Geis Gallery, Dec. 1, 2021 to Jan. 12, 2022 with live musical performance by Martin Howth.
A note on the gallery space: The Geis Gallery is located on the beautiful campus of Georgian Court University in Lakewood, NJ and supports artists by not charging a commission. Please note that all artworks are insured only while on property and that it is the responsibility of the artist to provide shipping, handling, and insurance of all selected pieces to and from the gallery.
For additional information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
You must be logged in to post a comment.